XDCC server for irssi.
Run a fileserver. People can request DCC sends over CTCP. Trusted users can also upload files.
- Download it here! → → → xdcc.pl
- Copy it to ~/.irssi/scripts
- Load it with /script load xdcc.pl
/XDCC [-add filename description] [-del id] [-info id] [-list] [-stats]
[-enable] [-disable] [-trust #channel] [-distrust #channel] [-help]
-add: Add a file to our XDCC server
-del: Remove a file from the offerings
-info: Show information about a file
-list: Display the XDCC list (default)
-reset: Reset the file list and the queue
-stats: Statistics for this session
-enable: Enable the XDCC server
-disable: Disable the XDCC server
-trust: Trust users from #channel to upload files
-distrust: Stop trusting users on #channel
-help: Display this help.
/xdcc -add sally.gif Jollo in his native habitat :)
/xdcc -add jollo.mp3 Distant cry of the Jollo, 5:43 am
/xdcc -del 1
/xdcc -trust #sally
CTCP XDCC Interface
People can request files from you using these CTCP commands:
/ctcp nick XDCC list
/ctcp nick XDCC get 1
/ctcp nick XDCC batch 2-4 # request multiple files
/ctcp nick XDCC remove 3 # remove from queue
/ctcp nick XDCC cancel # cancel file transfer
/ctcp nick XDCC queue
/ctcp nick XDCC info 1
/ctcp nick XDCC stats
/ctcp nick XDCC help
/ctcp nick XDCC about
If you are opped on a trusted channel, you can upload files via DCC -- /dcc send nick filename --
and also modify the XDCC offerings using these commands:
/ctcp nick XDCC describe 1 blablabla # change a file description
/ctcp nick XDCC delete 1 # stop offering a file
- Only one file will be sent at a time.
- Additional requests are added to a queue, max 99 slots.
- If the requesting user goes afk and does not accept the file, the transfer will time out and advance the queue.
Tips & Tricks
- Turn on DCC autoget, if you want to allow uploads - /set dcc_autoget ON
- The script will look for files in dcc_upload_path which is usually your home directory.
- If you're using the public fileserver, you'll probably want to use something other than your home directory.
Create e.g. ~/xdcc_server/ and set these to the same:
- /set dcc_upload_path ~/xdcc_server
- /set dcc_download_path ~/xdcc_server
- Filenames must not contain spaces.
- Absolute paths are fine. Only the filename will be shown.
- DCC does not work for everyone. It's helpful if you are not behind a firewall.
xdcc.pl is distributed under the terms of the Jollo LNT license.
Greetings to all on #sally and thanks as always to Khaled Mardam-Bey for inventing mIRCScript
Push to Master
Last updated 21 January 2015 — Julie LaLa